Monday, November 3, 2008

The Joys of Being Sick

Jenn and Lo,

This is one of the things I worry about as we venture into this wonderful profession of teaching. As teachers, what on earth are we going to do when we get sick? It is inevitable that this is going to happen to us. Lo, you can wash your hands a million times a day, hold your breath throughout an entire conversation, and sanitize your house four times a day, but unfortunately, we are going to get sick.

When we do get sick, some teachers have told me that you simply call the substitute hot line and stay home. But other teachers have told me that it is virtually impossible to find a substitute and that it takes so much time to create substitute plans, teachers might as well just stay in the classroom and work through the sickness. I'm not very good at working when I'm sick to be quite honest.

This is going to be interesting to see how this all pans out. Let's just never get sick! :)

Right?

No comments: