Monday, November 3, 2008

Wondering the same

Jenn,

I am wondering the same thing. In the primary grades it does seem like teachers really dont like to have subs but if they left every time they had a cold or cough the might be out all the time. My main placement teacher has said to me that its almost better to come in when you're sick than to make plans for a sub. This does not take into account how they are going to get better and how they are going to make sure they dont pass any illness along to the class.

What I really want to know is how to avoid catching everything the kids have. I spent this weekend with a sore throat eating chicken soup. I feel like I am washing my hands often and not touching germy things. There is no avoiding all the germs in the air from the students coughing. I can only hold my breath so much!

What do you all think?

1 comment:

JKG said...

I don't think there is much else you can do. Wash your hands frequently, yes. Eat healthy. Exercise. Build your immune system up to the best of your ability. I've heard the first couple of years are all about catching anything and everything... After that, I bet we'll have rockin' immune systems!